Yes, I had to get started on my second improvisational quilt right away! This idea hit me as soon as I quilted my last stitch on the first one, so I had to dive in. I used the same fabrics as in Geometry Lesson I, but went “dark” and anchored the shapes in frames. This is a mix of hand dyed, batik, and solid fabrics.
The other difference with this quilt is that there is not a focus fabric geometric shape that I began working from, but instead I just started taking random pieces of fabric and sewing them together at all different angles. After I achieved a big enough square-like or rectangular shape I cut it into the geometric shape I thought would look good.
Here is a look at the individual blocks:
I managed to use up almost all of my hand dyed fabrics (used in the frames as well as random piecing), but still have some of the batik prints left for a future project.
The quilt top finished at 38″ x 48″; two inches on each side larger than Geometry Lesson I. I don’t know how that happened, LOL. I didn’t plan the size of any of the blocks, just stopped when they looked “good”.
I think it’s going to take me a while to figure out how I want to quilt this one! I’m really happy with how it turned out. 🙂